2 yr old drama queen..any thoughts...

I have a 2yr old DD..she is the biggest drama queen...she loves to get into her dress every morning, and if I tell her I am going to put shorts on her...she throws a fit. She will not leave the house without her baby,purse,sun glasses, and brush. Its cute and all, but should I worry..will she continue to be like this later on in life??...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every parenting article I've read says it's more about establishing a sense of control, and just let them win those battles about dressing. My DS is in a phase where he will only wear a shirt with a truck on it. And I'm fairly sure when peer pressure sets in during junior high, he'll settle into another trend, lol.

On the other hand, she may like to primp and accesorize the rest of her life . . . . that's the fun part of motherhood seeing what they become. Also do you or your SO have a specific routine, of finding the sunglasses, keys, purse, lipstick (for you), cell phone, etc, before leaving the house. . . and such, often that makes a different in their behavior as well as they just love to imitate at that age.
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• She is just copying. Kids LOVE to pretend that they're grown ups, not to mention if she is mainly around grown ups, then maybe she just thinks thats what you do when you leave the house.
    My son is only 15 months old and is with me most of the time. When he wants to go outside, he puts on MY flip flops, drapes my purse around his neck, grabs my keys and heads for the door. He knows that those things signal "time to go." He is just communicating or thinking that that is all it takes to go somewhere.
    I wouldnt be worried.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i understand my dd is 20 months and primps more than i ever will.
    miasmom2008

Answer by miasmom2008 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My 21/2 year old is the same way She is the only kid I know that would rather get a new pair of shoes rather than a new toy. She picks all her clothes and will change a million times before we leave the house. I think some kids just go through phases like this, but I have a feeling my daughter will be like this forever. She is going to be very expensive, lol.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2009