ball pit

Does anyone have a ball pit that they just love? Ive been researching them for my dd whos 16 months. I read the reviews and 50% say they are great and the other 50% say they deflate and are no good. Any suggestions? We have a very big living room so size wouldnt be a problem. Thanks in advance.

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make your own! You could buy a bunch of those balls, and fill up a tiny swimming pool, the inflatable kind the kids swim in in the summer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• A plastic kiddie pool works well, or we used a turtle sandbox that the lid had been lost to. I tried an inflatable one and it just got a hole in it and we spent more time blowing it up than using it.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i bought my sons from walmart.com three years ago and i have had to patch it once, which is pretty good for a house with 4 kids and a 100 lb. dog.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• OMG! lol I'm blonde! I thought you were talking about a pitbull!! yea.......

ANYWAYS! I would use either an inflatable pool or a plastic one... I'm trying to think of other things you can use... I've seen people cut a corner of a room off with fabric and just put the balls in it. Maybe a tent would be cool too? I would love to get a ball pit for my dd (she's 22 mos) and I've heard from people here they are great.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I think ill get a pool and fill it with the balls. There probably 90% by now! Haha 07lilmama1108 no pit bull here!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i made our own,i bought one of those small plastic pools u get at dollar general and bought 2 bags of balls at walmart.my little one 15 vmonths loves it,she has had it since 11months
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009