Would you be appauled if asked this question by ur ex dh? (Some ex's are kind) and some are just money hungry.

Are there any ladies out there that live off of child support I mean if you don't and say somehow the dad got behind on it but is a very good dad would you ever consider telling him ok the kids are now 18 you don't have to pay for the back child support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am behind. My ex "dh" would NEVER say this to me. Cause he's all about the money. Even when I'm paying OVER the "court ordered" amount, he doesn't let me have my son on my own terms! Yeah....fun.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 9:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My dad is paying back child support on 5 kids all over the age of 18 and he still has many many more years left. My mom is disabled and relies on his check to help her out.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

--
    Just curious but why don't you have custody? I hardly ever see when the man has custody...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My kids are in their 30's and I make the jerk pay back support. He owes it. He needs to pay it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• To anonymous...who "could" have shown herself and gained my respect for asking as "herself". I wasn't working. I was young. I was stupid and I thought that I would stay in Omaha forever. I thought at the time that with Daddy was the best place for my son. I was never "denied" custody. I did not seek it because I never dreamed...at 23 years old....that all that would come to be would be at that time. That I would, as a California girl...start to go through a sort of "midlife crisis" at the age of 24 in Omaha, NE. If you like, I will happily explain the WHOLE past decade of my life to you....if you are truly that curious...send me a message to my page.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 9:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• What...? Try making some sense, please. Then I will respond.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• HELL no i wouldnt let him just stop. i struggled sooo long with the kids and the courts just keep letting him go! i finally stopped the child support i was getting bc i moved and i was getting the cash from welfare. but this time im goin through the courts! he hasnt been around since my daughter was JUST 1 and since my son was born. he says my son isnt his but if he wants to pay more to the courts for the DNA so be it. his attitude about goin to jail is O WELL. so screw him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I have never been divorced but my Mom was and I can tell you if he skipped or shorted a payment she was all over his butt like white on rice. He was man enough to have sex he can be man or woman enough to pay his share.
    BTW We are friends with three different men who have custody. One is because the Mom was a sleaze but the others are simply a matter of who could support them, or Mom being unemployed. Please be really careful how you judge non custodial Moms. Most often there are circumstances you can't even imagine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Ha! Child support...WTH is that? I have 3 kids with a dead beat...works under the table and never shows his face...it's a mixed blessing. If they ever do catch him he owes those kids and I would make him pay, it could help them with college etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009