Are you this way when it comes to taking pictures?

I want (or I have been wanting to) for the longest time to take a family portrait with my family (Dh, me, my 2 stepkids and our own 2 kids) but my dh and I don't take very good pictures.

Atleast I don't like the way I look and lately my dh has been looking alittle swollen in the face it comes and goes....?

It has been 5 or so years that I have been wanting to do this...Any Ideas? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make sure we have a full family portrait done at least once a year. I had the same thing going there for awhile where I hated how I looked. Then I became a photographer and I learned a little trick. My face always had a double chin because I had a bad habit of pulling my head back a little bit. This is going to sound crazy but if you stick your head out a little like a turtle while standing tall it will get rid of the swollen look in your face and you can't tell that you are doing that in the photo. I've been doing this for a few years now and I LOVE our photos now.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Heck, I'd do it - just to mark this time in your life. You cannot get these years back - and looking at a picture, even one you don't particularly like will bring back memories for you in years to come. I hate taking pictures, because I never know what to do with my face and then I'm the one always caught with my mouth open or eyes closed. But I know they are important to DH - so we just do it. Like it or not. And we always just try to have fun with it - like irritating the photographer by insisting that we pose our own way - and not any of the usual stuff he does.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:11 PM on Sep. 19, 2009