Why do you think some mothers care so much how others perceive them?

These NIP journals calling others ignornat and accusing people of having sexual hangups when some disagree with NIP really get me. Why do some mothers care about how others think? Especially total strangers? I make the choices for my kids and if someone else doesn't like it so what? People are entitled to their opinions. I don't judge anyone for their choices. I mean don't we all have a better way to use our free time than to defend ourselves as mothers?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's usually an insecurity that stems from childhood issues. We're bred from birth to be the best of the best, but what's really "best"? Today's Treasure is tomorrow's Trash. Breastfeeding is popular now, but 30 years ago most moms were urged to formula feed and 300 years ago many wealthy women had wet nurses to nurse the babies so the mothers wouldn't be tied down by an infant.

We all fall short of glory, but a lot of people don't see that when they're feeling bad about themselves. Negative thinking is an addiction, it'll eat you alive. You have to actively change your habits and force yourself to think positively. It's hard to do, but it's possible.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:47 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• what is NIP?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009