What kind of Schitzophrenia do you have?

I have problems with negative thoughts towards others,kind of like judging them before I know them.This is like my security blanket,to protect me from getting hurt,but I'm hurting myself with my own negative thoughts.These thoughts stop me from socializing in a positive way.I don't see things or hear voices,so I think I'm paranoid.Do you have what I have?Caring thoughtful answers please,I don't need ridicule right now, I do that enough to myself.I'd also like to know if you've had a rough life,like if that brought it on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Perhaps you can get some feedback from professionals who are trained in this field. Many of us have issues that may seem different to others who do not have what another might have but there is help out there. Recognizing that you have a problem is half the battle so see if you can find a counselor who deals with your symptoms. Some communities have counselors who go by sliding scale fee if you don't have insurance.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• If I work on my social skills,I will probably won't have the problem as bad.Going to new situations,church or some place where I have to meet new people is when it starts up.I don't have it all the time I can control it, a bit.My schizophrenia is really social anxiety but because I think others are against me,it makes it schizophrenia.I've had a hard life and the lack of support from my family is where the root of it, is.I'm going to get a therapist soon, but talking about it now,helps me see,that I'm a nervous worried anxious person,who's affraid of rejection.Once I feel comfortable around people the negative thoughts stop, a bit but that tells me I'm not that bad off--not putting anyone down,I have problems believe me, but now I can say I have more social anxiety than schizo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009