Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u apply for child support/

i know this may be a dumb question to some. but i was TRYING to get child support through DSS in NC. but i canceled that bc i moved. i dont want to go through the state bc i dont get much and they let him go. he has paid $140.00 IN A YEAR and im sick of it. He also LIES about payin rent so they wont take his unemployment and give it to the kids.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You have to talk with a lawyer either way it has to go before a judge so yes the state has to be involved. You do what you have to do and about his lies he will get caught and they will make him pay. Call the legal aid office first thing Monday morning and they will point you in the right direction.


    Answer by raemommy at 9:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • Don't drop it through the state. They pay for it. Even if he does not pay it still adds up and owes it. I waited years before I got paid but he's paying now + interest and they take his tax return so never stop it, just transfer it to the next state

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • Get an attorney and do NOT ever drop child support, ever.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • OP.....i HAD to "drop" it bc i moved it was welfare that they were tryin to get him to pay

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

  • If the child gets ANY benifets( medical,food,rent, daycare or cash) from the state they will do all the work regardless, It just may take a little longer to get around to it but he will be charged from the birth of the child then subtract anything he has paid. Moving from one state to another doesnt really change anything, just slows it down.

    Answer by youlookin4me at 1:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.