i feel like it's my fault...

my mom's an alcoholic and has been as far back as i can remember, and i just feel like somehow it's my fault. i don't know what i did wrong. she let me move back in with her b/c im pregnant, im 35 weeks now and it really scares me b/c i've been having contractions (braxton hicks, but they hurt) what if she's drunk and i go into labor?! i would have to either drive myself or call an ambulance! i told her (while she was sober) it makes me sad to see her drunk, but she just keeps on :( i cant move out, i have no place to go. she bought me a crib and all kinds of other stuff too and she said she would stop after october 1st, but what if she doesnt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• can you apply for housing they go by your income
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• She won't stop. Alcoholics can't just turn it off like that. And no, none of this is your fault. Alcoholics drink for a variety of reasons or to keep from facing any of the reasons, and there is a matter of heredity involved as well. Make other plans now - a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker - anyone. But you need a back up plan. Don't rely on being able to rely on her.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:02 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Call an ambulance if you need a ride. Your insurance will cover it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• dont blame yourself for someone elses issues! Has she had some bad stuff happen in her life driving her to drinking? Have you considered an intervention? It isnt safe for a young baby, or a pregnant lady like yourself to be around that environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• What does 10-01 have to do with stopping and stopping tomorrow? She needs to get help and you need to get out of there. She is not a healthy person to be around your child or you. So I would say once you have that baby you get your butt in gear to find a place and get whatever help you have to until you can get yourself on your feet and get your child in child care and get yourself a job. You are the only one that can change the situation your in your mom will not stp drinking if she does'nt want to and if she can't stop tomorrow then she isn't ready. GL and congrats on the new LO on the way..
    Anonymous

• I felt the same way about my husband........
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:08 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• op here~i do have a job : ( it's a good job just not enough to pay rent any where
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 19, 2009