What is a miscarriage like?

I know this may be hard for ppl to answer, but I got to thinking a lot this evening about something that happened when i was 16. I beleive I was pregnant for about 3 or 4 months. My period went MIA and I had A LOT of the common pregnancy symptoms. And then about 4 months later I got a really unusually heavy period. Could this have been a micariage? I am 21 now. And have since given birth to a healthy baby girl. I would really just like to figure this out. I would really like to know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The two main signs that a miscarriage is happening are cramping and bleeding. Cramping and bleeding can also be normal during pregnancy. If you are having mild cramps without bleeding, you may be feeling your ligaments stretching. If you're bleeding lightly with little or no cramps, you may be experiencing implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is usually spotty, pinkish and will usually last a day.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:05 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• well I had two miscarriages. I had to have a D/c with both. They were painful and very much like real labor. I was 10 weeks and 11 weeks when I miscarried and I had tons of blood clots, huge about the size of a baseball was the largest. Not all are like this, but it doesnt seem, to me, that you were. Hope this helped!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Mine was very crampy and a lot of bleeding and I was passing clots worse then after I had my DD. I had my MC in my parents bathroom at 15yrs old. I will never forget how painful it was and how scared me and My BF were that night. I thought back then I was gonna die. I was 6.5 mos along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It could be that is what happened to me around 13 weeks with my first pregnancy. I knew i was pregnant though. The only way to know if it was a miscarriage is if 1 you knew you were pregnant or two within 48 hours of the bleeding go get your levels checked they can tell by a blood test if you were pregnant and miscarrying.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• mine hurt like hell, i couldnt hardly move (it felt like i had to poop). i passed 2 half dollar sized blood clots and it seemed like i bled a friggin gallon of blood (the day it happened) then i bled for 9 days really heavy. and my abdomen was sore for 2 weeks (like period cramps). thank god for hydrocodone!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• yes very painful .had only one thank god. yes therer was bleeding too.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• oh and i was only 7-8 weeks along
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I've had 2 miscarriages. the first one i had a D&C which was in june this last one was 2 weeks ago and it started like a regular heavy period but then got very heavy to where i was filling 2-3 pads in an hour, i had very large clots and i had cramps that felt like contractions. the first one the baby was 8 weeks and 4 days along when it passed away but i didn't find out until i was 12 weeks, my body didn't miscarry on it's own which is why i had a D&C. the doctor told me i was about 6 weeks along with this last one. you could have miscarried but i know i bled a lot this last time and went to the er because i didn't even know i was pregnant and i thought they messed something up when they did the D&C. Hope this helps some.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:25 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I was five months preggo when I lost my baby, I went into labor monday night and delivered thurday in the afternoon, I went to the hospital a couple of time and they told me I was just having a bladder infection and wouldn't listen to anything I said, I was in so my pain I havn't ate anythig for a week my body had no energy I had black circles around my eyes I was leaking fluids and the hospital still told me it was just a bladder infection, I didn't know what was going with me I thought I was dying, and when the baby finally dropped I was screaming in pain in my house, I had to call 911 and the ambulance chicks when they put me on IV they threw bags on my stomach, that was on experiance I NEVER EVER want to experiance, uuuhhhhh when my baby was born he fit in my palm and died in my hand and hour later.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:56 PM on Sep. 19, 2009