Why do some christians celebrate Halloween?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's FUN
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I enjoy it! I like to dress up! I like candy! I like to give things to short people who say "Trick or Treat"
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• IM BRINGING MY DD TRICK R TREAT THIS YEAR AND WERE NOT OF ANY RELIGION
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• It's fun! WHy not? It's fun to dress up and go trick-or-treating.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• some Christians do not see the evil in it. just b/c it may have started off as "evil" doesnt mean that's what it's about today. its just candy, costumes, & fun...its only as evil as you think it is. i celebrate the secular ideas behind Halloween.

i grew up in a house that banned Halloween & the only reason i was ever given was that it was "evil". however, we always dressed up & got candy at the church's "fall festival". it was the exact same thing by a different name...sorry, im ranting.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• hello, free candy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'll say this much. The movie Mean Girls was totally right. Halloween becomes the one time when girls have an excuse to dress like hoochies. I live in a Mormon town and Halloween rolls around and they dress like the skankiest girls on the block.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• since when is it a religious holiday? I have never understood that... it certainly isnt a Pagan holiday because if it was, it wouldn't be on 31 Oct. The holiday I believe it is confused with is on a lunar calendar cycle and wouldn't be the same day each year & there isn't candy involved. I believe the lack of celebration of the event is out of sheer ignorance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't celebrate Halloween in of itself but I don't want to rob my child of the fun of dressing up and doing the whole candy gathering thing. I won't encourage him to dress up as something that look's like the devil's spawn, lol, but if he wants to go as Spiderman, etc, I don't see anything wrong with it. Nowadays most churches have a TrunkorTreat or some type of other Fall festival that allows the kids to have a good time without getting into the darkside of Halloween. As a child it was my favorite "holiday" and I would like to share some of that with my child.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:43 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Why not celebrate. It's fun to get the kids dressed up (they looks so cute).

We also celebrate All Saints Day on Novemeber first - a day to remember those who have died before us and recall Christ's promise of everlasting life.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:48 PM on Sep. 19, 2009