Just Braxton Hicks?

I am 26 1/2 weeks pregnant, with my second child. For the past few week I have been getting contractions (my belly gets really hard and I feel crampy and have to take a breather). It scared me soooo much last week that I went to the doctors, and they checked my cervix, and they said everything was fine. But, it keeps happening.... I have a feeling I am going to go into labor early, but who knows. Has anyone had something similar occur

Sharde88

Asked by Sharde88 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am only 23 weeks and have been having Braxton Hicks for about 2-3 weeks, My O.B. checked me and said all appears well and since i am very active this pregnancy it is not uncommon. She is keeping a closer eye on it since i am so early, She said any crammping that is painfull, blood or gushing of water I should call her right away. But so far so good!!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 12:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I starting having contractions around 27 weeks, they stopped around 29 weeks though. I never mentioned it to my doctor because they were not intense and just figured it was normal. I am 39 weeks now and everything is normal. I wouldn't worry to much unless they get close and are in some type of pattern.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• Could it be the movement of the baby?
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 12:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2009