micarriage!

so my baby stopped growing at 5 weeks and i am now 10 weeks , i am meeting a specialist to make an appointment to remove the baby ! does it hurt alot and it was my first baby i was so exited i found out i was pregnant the day i got married will i have any problems having babies again has anyone had one done how long later did you conceive???

ihope

Asked by ihope at 10:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have had a d&c before. which is probably what they'll do. its not painful, just some mild cramping for a day or two afterwards. honestly i was very depressed b/c it was my second m/c so i didn't notice the pain that much. since then though, i got pregnant w/my daughter 5 months later. and we weren't actively trying, just not using b.c. (no charting etc...) its an outpatient procedure, takes about an hour to do than you have to stay until you can eat and pee on your own (they put in a cath) my doc gave me the option of general or local anesthesia i went w/general b/c i couldn't stand the thought of being awake while they did it. if you have any questions or just need to talk pm me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry that happened mama, i somewhat know how you feel i just had a missed miscarriage in June the baby had stopped growing at 8wks 4 days but i didn't find out until i went in for my 12 week checkup but it was my 3rd pregnancy. I had a D&C done and it is pretty much like the above post says. They said that miscarriages happen in 1 in 5 pregnancies and it won't cause you to have any problems having another. I actually just went through another miscarriage 2 weeks ago but i have been on a lot of medication since i lost the first one and i think that's what caused it. we are going to try again in 2-3 months. I am sure everything will go fine and good luck in the future.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had one m/c at 6w, and one at 12w, about 8 years apart. I had to have a D&C with the second (12w) because I started hemorrhaging and they couldn't stop it. After my first m/c we got pregnant again right away, no cycle, just pregnant right away. After the second, we got pregnant about 4 months later. We weren't trying, in fact I was waiting to go in for a tubal, but we also weren't doing anything to prevent it.

The D&C wasn't terrible. I had a general anasthetic, so I wasn't awake, because I had been hemorrhaging they kept me overnight in observation at the hospital. I went home the next morning, and had some light bleeding and cramps, but the physical pain wasn't that bad.

My 6w m/c was my first baby as well, and it is hard, but there could be any number of explanations as to why the baby didn't grow. You should be able to get pregnant again and have a successful pregnancy. Condolences and good luck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I had a m/c at 5-6 weeks, I didn't not have a d & c though. But I got preg. 2 months later, we were doing IUI's so we waited 2 months to heal emotionally. That was our 1st preg.
    Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2009