Any recomendations for constipation?

I am 26 1/2 weeks pregnant, and having trouble going to the bathroom. I wake up in the middle of the night, and feel like I have to go, but I am unable to. My mom says drink apple juice, but my stomach is still very sensitive and I just throw it up. Any suggestions?

Sharde88

Asked by Sharde88 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.pregnancyetc.com/what-are-some-safe-medications-to-take-during-pregnancy.htm

They have a list of safe meds to take while pregnant, including Colace. Try to also add more fiber into your diet. Hope that helps!
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't know if it is safe to take a stool softener such as Colace when you are pregnant or not, but it's worth a shot to call your doc and check.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Ask your doc for a prescription. My son has bad constipation, and they prescribed him some powder stool softener. I mix it in his drinks and within a few hours he has no problems or pain :) HTH
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009