what do you do when your family lies to about something huge??????please please please help

i have a dd who lived with my dad. well he told me she had died.well i found out he lied to me about it.when i asked my family about it.i was told that i needed to be able take a joke.what can i do to them cuz of this lie.it killed when i was told me child had died then to find out it was a lie.i plan on getting her back.but what can i do about them and the lie they told me and my in laws????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• No matter what happened or why you left, that's just cruel and mean. Oh, and to the PP, you need to grow up & get real. You think that a single parent joining the service & fighting for our country isn't "better" for the child? It's a guaranteed paycheck, full medical coverage & housing. Yeah, the parent *might* have to deploy (depending on the service branch, it can vary) but in the long run, it's better for the kid to be in a stable environment with a parent with a job & a home than to be leeching off of relatives or unemployment & lacking decent medical care for their child. I'm a/d military (which means active duty) and I'm a single parent. I'd like to see you even attempt to do what I do for 1 day before you open your mouth & drop a judgement like that & your comments had absolutely nothing to do with the OP topic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well, how long did they allow the lie to carry on?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:19 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• 6 months they lied to me. i had to go away for work. when i got back i found out it was a lie.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• why would they lie about that? i just can't imagine how that in any way could be considered a joke. did they do it to protect her in some way? i mean, where you abusing drugs or alcohol and in some twisted way they thought if you thought she was dead you would stay away from them and not be around her in that state? in cases like that i can almost see it being forgivable b/c they had her best interests in heart. but if it was meant as some cruel joke, than in no way can it be forgiven and as far as what you can do about it. what do you mean by that? i'd use it against them in court to get my daughter back thats for sure.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:24 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• i dont drink i dont do drugs never hit her are anything. i just had to go away for a job to to be able to give her a good life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• what type of job did you have. Did they hate what you were doing for employment? How old is your dd. Why didn't she keep in touch? How long was it that you had lost contact with her before that lie was told to you???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I'm not blaming, just wondering, If this was a good job, why couldn't you take your daughter with you, and put her in daycare? And what the hell kind of people would tell you something so morbid and awful like your daughter died, as a joke? And if you heard your daughter passed away,wh didnt you go home for the funeral? Are you sure you weren't on drugs? I think I would have wanted to plan a service for her, right? She is your daughter, and I'm assuming your only child, at least I hope?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I don't matter what they think of you or whatever, making up a lie like that is just plaine ridiculus and immature, why in the heck would a grown man make up something like that and then tell you "why can't you take a joke".

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My guess would be she is in the service...........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Where is the joke in being told your child died? That is a damned insensitive and cruel thing to say, and for them to keep the 'joke' going for 6 months? That is just unacceptable, hurtful, hateful and vicious. I hope you give them hell!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2009