Have you reached your breaking point? Ever?

Was it something tiny that was basically the straw that broke the camel's back?
Or was it multiple things... one HUGE thing, etc.

I feel like I've reached it, and it's beyond repair.
I'm pregnant, I feel like I did when I was 26 weeks pregnant.. and I'm only 11 weeks today, people have disrespected me, disappointed me, abandoned me, and just overall.. haven't been there. My DH has, and he's the one who's keeping me together - but I just feel extremely alone.

I need a long break. Or a lobotomy.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 12:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yes. ...I'm 22 years old. Mother of 2 children. One who i married into. The other who i inherited when my mom died 5 months ago. So, i am a mother of 2 children but i have never given birth. My DH is active duty army and is deployed. I'm Pagan in a Christian dominate community.
    Between my grieving, my legal issues with DSS, legal issues with my little brother/older son, the emotional issues of DH being deployed and having no friends ...i am a mess! but i'm trying to start school online too.

yes. often i feel like i have reached a breaking point. ...but despite how bad it gets, ...somehow it always gets better.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You aren't alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yes :/

I'm 38 weeks pregnant, I've been 5 cm. dilated for a week now (baby isn't engaging). I've been having spurts of regular contractions and my bad is about to break. My gall bladder has been acting up my entire pregnancy (violent vomiting and diarrhea) and I'm going to have it removed after delivery. I have screwed up feet, they hurt like heck and the extra weight of pregnancy hasn't helped. I am having reconstructive surgery on my right foot 2 weeks after the baby comes. So if this baby EVER comes out I will be having two surgeries following.

I'm 18 years old and In high school trying my hardest to maintain my 4.0 GPA and applying for colleges and scholarships and trying to manage my money so that I can ensure I will be able to go to the college I am accepted in to.

My boyfriend of almost 4 years and father of my child is having issues with immigration. Marriage may be the only way to help him....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• anon :09 cont.

He came her LEGALLY on a visa with a green card processing but unfortunately that visa timed out 2 months before his green card was accepted and he got a traffic ticket in that time period so now he is in removal proceedings because not only did all of that stuff happen but he turned 21 just a few days before acceptance of his green card and he ended up aging out of his green card. Sooo basically if I don't marry him he will be sent back...for 5-10 years possibly longer. Then our daughter will grow up without her father. BUT my mom is completely against us getting married and i love my mom and don't want to hurt or disobey her.

Boyfriend's hearing is a month after our baby's EDD.

So I feel like I've reached my breaking point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I haven't reached my breaking point yet while being pregnant but I found it last year. I was still in college, working as a teaching assistant with a class of 300 freshmen and they were driving me INSANE, I was getting like 100 emails a day from them. I was trying to finish up my senior year classes which we really hard. I was planning a wedding, and then poof my cat died in the middle of the night (hit by a car, os it was totally unexpected), I got about three hours of sleep that night from crying so much, and when I woke up the next morning my hair was literally falling out by the handful. I took the rest of the week off, didn't do a damn thing and slept for two days. I was a million times better by Monday morning.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I feel you, I'm at 31 weeks, 32 tomorrow and I just can't take all the crap I have to deal with at work. No one else does there job and I end up having to pick up the slack, which is a lot when you're a very pregnant waitress! On top of that they all take like 5 or more cig breaks and I only take my 30 min break and maybe a 5 to 10 min break, usually after all my work is done and I'm just waiting to clock off. One of them is always showing up late, if not by a few minutes then by an hour an a half!! They are all immature and think that they can do whatever they want. It really sucks and I think they are all going to hate me once my thread breaks cause I won't hold back!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• this is nothing compared to pp's bt it was a one day breaking point hting. a the time dh had been out of work for 2 months. i was 6 months pregnant and getting more and more ncomfortable by the minute. i was at work and i was the only one who showed up. so i had to stay late that night. i was a waitress at dennys. we go BUSY. so busy infact the restarant filled up and there was a waiting list. we only had one cook so the manager was in the kitchen helping him o because he was new and i had to handle 30 tables BY MYSELF. if the customers werent bad enough i went to the kitchen toget a side of mayo. my cook acted like a jerk so i slammed my hand on the window and said give me my damn mayo. i came back and loaded a tray of food. he asked if i was dont throwing my temper tantrum. i deliver the food came back and threw the tray at his head. knocked him cd's and cd player on the greasy floor and ruined them then said
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 1:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• CON'T now im done. i went into the bakc and cried hysterically for like 10 minutes. my dishwasher actually went out front and caught up all my tables. it was small but it was the end of the world at time to me. lol
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009