did sex induce labor for any of you?

if it did how many weeks were you?? and how long after did you go into labor? how did your labor start? sorry just curious 40 weeks 5 days and nothings working.. but earlier i tried fresh pineapply for the first time :-) and sex a little after that haha sorry if tmi but i really would like to be induced naturally instead of by my doctor!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No sex did not induce labor and neither did walking. Don't worry when the time comes... that baby will pop right on out. only a few more days.. then the work really begins. enjoy your last days of quiet. LOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Sex can help you dialate and bring on comtractions but I have never gone into labor that way. You can do what ever you want that baby is just going to come out when it wants to (or when doctor says)
    Here are some things that I did and you can try if you want.
    1) Went on long walk doing lungges and jogging on and off 2) Shoveled a lot of heavy snow - try diggin in the ground seem how not winter (had baby 2 days later but was already dialated to a 6 for past 2 days)
    3) found a place with a lot of stairs and climbed up and down on them until I couldn't do it anymore 4) push mowed the lawn where there were hills ( went in labor next morning but I was already dialated to a 6 for past 2 weeks) and had sex that night
    6) Chiropractors help too. Get adjusted two to three times a week .Good luck
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Caster oil too. gives you the poops and tastes horrable but makes you push little and push baby down
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• sex did help me dialate more. I was 38 weeks along and ever since I was 28 weeks along I was starting to thin and dialate so it was a long process but then the day before my doctor appointment to check how I was doing I had sex and I ended up giving birth the next day.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 1:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• yes. vigerous sex after eating eggplant parmesean and then pineapples for dessert. oh yeah a long walk at the mall before the sex. went into labor the next morning.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 1:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• hmm.. well last time they checked ( a week ago) i was 2 cm dilated and said i was starting to dilate at a pretty good pace.. i walked around the beach/bay area with hubby had fresh pineapple before sex and tried the breast pump for about 45 minutes ( i know it sounds really silly LOL but my friend says it worked for her both times! so i figured it wouldnt hurt to try anyways) and then after that i started having a bunch of little braxton hicks thingies... so i dunno maybe something will happen maybe not but i guess we'll just have to see...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Sex got my plug to come out! at 40 weeks exactly!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My mom does this "scoot across the carpet" move. Worked for my lil sis and lil bro.

sit indian-style / crossed legs on the carpet. Cross your arms the same way and hold them up at shoulder level. Now try to scoot on your butt across the room. her water broke and she went into full labor about 5 hours later.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009