Who knew they were prego the day after conception???

The day after we conceived was on the last day of my period. I felt mmmh, not my normal energetic self the next day. It's only been a week but I just feel weird, kinda like when I was prego last time. (This would be my 3rd pregnancy).

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We both knew. My hunny actually said when I took my first positive test, "You could have given me $20 and peed on me and I would have told you that you were pregnant." He wouldn't even go look at the test. I laughed so hard. When you know, you know. Mother's intuition?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It takes longer than a day for any hormones to be released, so even if you did conceive, it is much too soon to tell. Typically the earliest hormones are detected in the blood stream is 8-10 days after ovulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Good to know!! THank you!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I knew within a couple of days with my first. I don't know HOW I knew (I felt the same, I just KNEW), but I did. I started taking tests all the time for like a week, then decided I must just be crazy. About a week after that I thought I was getting the flu (which I did), but someone at work told me to take a test. I was like, I just tested a few days ago and it was negative! But, I took another one and WHAM! BFP.

Sorry for the ramble lol. Anyway, I think it's totally possible to know. My SIL knew she was pregnant the morning after with her last (she's got 4). I think some women are just more in touch with their bodies, or have a sort of sixth sense or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oh, and what the first poster said about hormones was true. That does take a while. But, I still think it's possible to just KNOW that you're pregnant, even if you don't feel any differently.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I KNEW I was pregnant a week after conceiving. I told my boyfriend and my mom. I took a pregnancy test and there was the faintest positive, sooooo faint you could barely tell anything was there. people thought i was crazy. few weeks later I missed my period and took a test and it was a BFP! I have no clue how I knew. I just did :D
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We both "knew" we were pregnant the day of conception both times. But I was 6 weeks with the first and 9 weeks with the second( was scared to get a BFP that time). when we found out for sure. But the dates line up perfect.

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I knew I was pregnant the first time 3 days after. My boobs were so tender. The second time I did not suspect until about 17-18 weeks, and it was confirmed at 19 weeks.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• With my daughter, I swear I knew right after we finished creating her. And I did turn out to be pregnant, and during that time before I had it confirmed that was the only time we could have.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2009