Questions about tubal ligation

How old were you were when you got it done. How many kids did you have? What made you decide it was right for you at that time? Do you regret doing it? My mom and my dr thought I should do it after my 3rd that is almost 4 months old. I dont think I want any more kids but I am just not sure I am ready.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 1:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just had mine done 9 days ago. I am 25. I have 4 kids and the choice was mainly because I have health issues and we do not want anymore kids. No I do not regret having it done and I never will.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I was 29 (now 32). I just had mine banded- easy 2 reverse! I had 2 beautiful girls...but had 3 miscarriages & my heart just couldn't take anymore. I can't say I regret having it done, but I have been feeling like somethings missing lately. Maybe a boy?! :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 2:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I was 24 when I had mine tied. Have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. I did it so I will NEVER EVER have cock poisioning again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I was 28 with 2 kids -- one boy, one girl. I tried at 24 with 1 kid, but no doctor would even talk to me about it. This was 4 years ago and I am very happy with my decision.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I was 26 years old and I had it done the day after my third child was born.
    I wanted to have the tubal done after our second child when I was 24, but my doctor refused to do it because she said I was considered too young - she was a military doctor.
    I am happy to have three children, but we knew the financial strain when we had two. I guess God knew what was best for us and I will not question His ways. We have been very blessed throughout all these years, even during financial hardships that we would have experienced with only two children.
    No, I am not sorry I had my tubal done. It was a smart decision for us and our family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2009