How painful is childbirth--I mean I know it's painful but how would you describe it?

I know every pregnancy is different. I am just curious of course!

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is my first baby and im scared lol
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 1:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Have you ever been so constipated that you felt like your insides were in a knot, had cold sweats, and cramping? It's 10 times worse than that. That's what it reminds me of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• wow--yes I have been that constipated. wow, that sounds painful beyond belief
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• To me, contractions felt like being on my period, just 1,000,000 times worse :(

I got the epidural with both, and it was AWESOME!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well...that's exactly how I would guess it to be. I had epidurals w/both of mine, so I really don't know...
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 2:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Contractions are the worst part. Think of REALLY bad period cramps. Right before the baby is ready to come out, there is a lot of pressure in between your legs....like the biggest poop of your life pressure. I wanted to go all natural, but after feeling the contractions, I wanted the epidural. I loved my epidural...it made the contractions painless....until the pressure came between my legs.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• going for epidural!
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think the contractions were worse too. The Epidural was my lifesaver not to mention that it sped up the labor and delivery process. You'll do fine! Best Wishes!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• it was ok i think and i didnt take anything either ,.. all natural
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 2:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Don't be scared babe, the pain doesn't last forever and you'll be so relieved when it's over that the pain will seem like a distant memory. I've had 2 without pain meds and I am 35 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and doing the same thing! For me the contractions weren't the worst part. It's what is well known as "the ring of fire". My ring of fire is when the head and body are actually coming out. This is a very short period of time, mine was only 30 seconds and then BAM it's over and you have your baby. If you are thinking about going natural, make sure to choose a Dr. or Midwife who is very supportive, if you are thinking about an epidural, good luck and congrats!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009