If you named your child after someone, do they remind you of them?

I named by son after my husband (DH's first name, FIL's name as middle). I named my daughter after my grandmother (first name) and my aunt (middle name), both who had passed. My son looks IDENTICAL to my husband, and my daughter really resembles my grandmother in coloring and temper! lol (everyone says she looks like me, but I'm pasty and she's tan). So, did you name your baby after someone and then your baby ended up looking like that person?

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was named after my aunt ...and although i dont think we look alike we do resemble some of the same personality ...but of course, she is family so we all sort of resemble some of the same personalities. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my son is a jr and just like his daddy lol, my girl is after my mom that pasted almost 5yrs now but we will see, she's only 4months old : )
    diamondgrl

Answer by diamondgrl at 2:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Nope!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My oldest is named both after my grandfather Paul my step dad's grandfather but I considered him as my grandapa who died when I found out I was preganate and Martin who is my mom's father and died before I was born. I'm not sure how either one was like but all I know is my grandpa Paul was a very caring funny and giving guy. Which my son is giving but so am I and his father but his only two ask me again when he gets older but he was bald when he was a few months old and it was just like how my grandpa's head was no hair on top but hair on the side. oh and he looks just like his father. My youngest is named after my husbands uncle I think or grandfather maybe I don't know how his family and my son is only three months.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• not that much' I named my son after his father and he has a little of him and a little me in him . but everyone saids he looks a little more like his dad. and my daughter like me but she's not named after. me .
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• we named my son after my husband and his dad and my grandfather, the 3 greatest men in my life all combined for my son!!!
    the 3 of them are great men, respectful towards women and all have a hearts of gold, the would give you anything u needed and then some....my son is only 15 months old but he loves to share everything with everyone and is a lover boy!!
    so yeah he acts and looks just like all 3 of them
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oldest DD has her middle name after my Mom & they are nothing alike. They get along great & they love having the name in common but aren't very similar. DS has his middle name after his Dad (my ex) & a few other male relatives in the family. I don't think he is really like any of them, he is more like me, lol. Youngest DD has her first name after her Great-Great-Grandma. This woman was 92 when DD was born & they were very close until she died when DD was 2. DD is like her in that they both have very gentle souls.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 21, 2009