baby food

i gave my son his 1st jar of baby food last night-sweet potatoes. So how long should I give him sweet potatoes/when can I try a new flavor. Also, when should I introduce fruits?And last, how many times a day should he eat it, 2x?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 2:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they say to wait about 3 to 4 days to make sure they dont get a reaction ,... n how much depends on their age, i'd say about half a jar, but u cant feed them out the jar, always do veggis 1st cuz then they'll only want sweet taste
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• o why cant you feed them out of the jar?? I did last night..!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 3:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Its better that you give your baby with right food. Here http://www.easybabylife.com/baby-food.html you can get advices there from experienced moms.
    babyworks

Answer by babyworks at 4:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• she just means if hes only eating half a jar you cant feed him out of the jar and then save whats left because it has the bacteria and saliva from his mouth in it.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• oo okay! he ate the whole jar!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You can feed him at each meal if you want, but at this stage, you don't wan this formula or breastmilk amount to drop.

You can do it in any order. I put them in alphabetical order in the cupboard and ran them that way. Giving fruit or vegetable first does not matter, just make sure you do one at a time, 3-4 days in a row to check for sensitivities. This is why I started with one meal until we had a few foods "okay'd". That way I wasn't giving the same food 2-3 times a day. LOL

You can save money and get stage 2 jars as long as they are single ingredients until you've tried them all. When splitting a jar, it's strongly recommended you put a serving in a bowl then the rest of the jar in the fridge until next meal. Putting saliva in the food introduces bacteria and there is a chance it could make the baby sick.

I fed baby food and cereal at set meal times. No retraining later!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Wait about a week before you feed him any other flavors. You need to give him enough time to make sure he doesn't have a reaction to it.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 12:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009