Need support. Going on a day trip w/o baby.

My SO planned a day trip to the 49ers opening game tomorrow (we're from LA). We're flying there and coming back that same day. This is the 2nd time I leave the DS (15 mos) for this long (last time it was cuz I was in the ER, miscarriage). I practice attachment parenting so this is REALLY hard for me and I know it will be for him. Any words of wisdom or support are desperately needed! He eats solids but bf to sleep and sometimes wakes up between naps for more bm. We leave at 7:30 am and I can't sleep!

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 3:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds to me like you put yourself in this situation. Just go through remembering he is being taken care of and loves you. I'm sure you can call from time to time and check on him. He needs time away as well to grow and learn, he can't and won't be on your side his whole life. They grow up. You need time away to work on your relationship with DH or that will end before you know it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I know it's hard, but just think about it this way: you can't go to preschool with him when it's time for him to go. You can't go to kindergarten with him, or high school, or college. It's good for babies to get used to at least a LITTLE bit of time away from mom, or they'll freak out when they're in a situation where mommy can't come and rescue them.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Aw everything will be fine! I had my MIL take my DD at 13 mos for a whole day when I had the stomach flu and couldn't possibly care for myself, let alone a child. She was still nursing at least 6 times a day at that point, and she was fine! She was happy to see me when she got home, and had a blast with her Abuela.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I'm sure everything will be okay. I am the same with my daughter, and to be honest, I might not go if I thought it was going to be overly hard on me or her. The only reason for that is because I do not think I would enjoy myself as thoroughly as I'd want to.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009