Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what color of hair and eyes will my daughter have?

well im so curious about what color of hair and eyes will my baby have well my family side has black and brown hair and dark brown eyes and my baby dad family is blonde with blue and green eyes but he has dark brown hair and brown eyes because his mom has dark hair and dark eyes and he is also half puertorican because his dad is puertorican so him and his sisters all have dark hair and dark eyes but his mom side they are all blonde with green or blue eyes but is so confusing.

Answer Question
 
datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 4:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (59 Credits)
Answers (19)
  • If I had to guess I would say dark hair and possibly dark eyes! However when babies are born most are born with blue eyes that will eventually change. I don't know how long after birth...because my son does have blue eyes. Good Luck and your baby will be beautiful no matter what!
    Rebecca727

    Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Blonde hair and blue/green eyes are recessive genes, so you may be carrying them, too. Anything is possible.
    SWasson

    Answer by SWasson at 7:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • most likely dark hair and dark eyes. s/he would have to get blue eye/blonde hair gene from each of you meaning you would each have to have inherited the gene from your parents to pass it on to baby. but if your baby gets one blue eye/blonde hair gene from one of you and brown/brown from the other parent, s/he will have brown/brown.

    my husband has blue eyes and i have brown, and my son has brown. so either i dont have a blue eye recessive gene to pass on or just it didn't get passed on . but my husband must have 2 blue eye genes or he wouldn't have blue eyes. oh and my son was BORN with brown eyes, not blue to later turn brown.

    ok that all seems to make no sense after i wrote it! lol ;)
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • There is No way to predict what color eyes the baby will have with that kind of family history. Whatever eyes the baby has I'm sure the baby will be beautiful
    vbruno

    Answer by vbruno at 9:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Darker genes are usually dominant but you never know. My husbands siblings eye color went every other blue and brown. That's 6 kids. My son was born with blue eyes and he is 7 months old. You can see brown and blue in them now. I'm curious to see if they will turn honey brown (like my husbands), back to blue (like mine) or what. It's fun to think about and wonder but no either way congratulations on a beautiful baby girl!
    jenae_gist

    Answer by jenae_gist at 9:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • I have blonde hair and my husband has dark black hair. Our son was born with black hair, but now he has dark blonde hair and everyone thought he would always have the dark black hair. I guess it all just depends. You probably won't know for sure what color of eyes she will have until she is at least 1. Our pediatrician told us a baby's eyes can change up until about 18 months.
    militarywife976

    Answer by militarywife976 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • You can't ever predict. My husband has light brown hair and blue eyes, I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, and somehow we made a redhead and a blond.
    JulieJacobKyle

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Brown hair and eyes are a dominant genetic trait. My guess would be that your child will have brown hair and eyes. However if you have a recessive trait of blue or green there is a 25% chance that your child would get blue or green eyes if it gets that recessive trait from both of you. But you have a 75% chance of getting brown/brown since you both carry that trait, B= Brown, b=blue so your outcomes would be BB, Bb, bB all meaning brown hair/eyes. Then you could get bb, which would give you blonde or blue.

    But you just never know. My grandma has brown eyes, granpa had blue and of there 9 children only 1 had brown eyes.
    RaRa921

    Answer by RaRa921 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • The darker genes are usually dominant. However, my side of the family all has blue or green eyes, myself having blue, and dark brown hair, but my husband's side is all black hair and dark brown eyes and our 1st born has light brown almost blonde (i was blonde as a baby) hair and light blue eyes like mine. you wouldn't even think she was his if she didn't have some of his features lol. we're expecting our 2nd child so i can't wait to see how different or similar this one will look compared to our 1st.
    tnm786

    Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • You can't be certain until delivery, and then it might change! And then change again... ;-)

    But the darker traits are dominant, your SO's are recessive-- more likely to have the darker statistically. But there is any possibility!
    doulala

    Answer by doulala at 10:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN