I have a serious problem

ok i had my baby three weeks ago yesterday. everytime i cough i have a discharge sometimes its pee sometimes its a little bit of blood. the first time i thought that i was starting my period so i put on a pad then i reliazed that i was only doing it when i coughed. then two days ago we went out to eat and i was feeding the baby and i started coughing and found myself peeing on myself. now before this happened i didn't feel like i had to use the bathroom. is there something wrong with me or is this normal should i call the hospital where i had the baby and tell them what is going on

smiley198028

Asked by smiley198028 at 4:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Okay if you are having blood, this could be an issue. However the coughing and peeing part could wait till a Monday morning call in my opinion. Coughing could be making you strain and make you bleed a little. If you are still having blood I would go see someone soon, if not wait till monday and call your OBGYN
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• In my experience, because you had a lot of strain having the baby, and you are not yet fully healed, when you cough, you will involuntarily urinate on yourself. And if it is only a bit of discharge, that is normal. Be wary only if you end up having clots when you cough. If you sneeze, this will happen, too. Your abdomen muscles contract when you cough or sneeze, and because you are not fully healed, yet, that is why you are having these issues. But if you are still concerned, contact your OB/GYN.
    samanthaevans

Answer by samanthaevans at 6:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Um yah I peed a little bit every time I cough or sneezed for a few weeks lol I just chalk it up to having weaker muscles after birthing two babies :~)

About the blood, I would call your OBGYN but know that its probably normal! I bled for exactly 6 weeks after the birth of my first child, and a month after the birth of my second.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My youngest is almost three and I have to wear pads every time I have a cold because of peeing myself when I cough and sneeze.

Welcome to motherhood. The blood is probably leftover kind of stuff....it's so recent you had a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i woudltn worry jsut some kegals (exersizes you cna find online directions from like google) those will gtighten up that area and get your mussels bakc in top form i woudl still leak when i cuaghed till my baby turned one but that is in part due to how sick i get when i do get a cold or osmethign
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 10:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I agree with jajamama, just do Kegals and you should be fine but tell your dr at the next appt

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I had bleeding for 6 weeks after my son and it was completely normal it wasn't excessive bleeding but it was bleeding, I also peed my pants laughing when he was about 3 weeks old and its just because everythings trying to go back to normal. My son is 16 months and I am back to normal no bleeding no peeing and it takes awhile sometimes for your period to regulate cause I've only been back to normal that way for 3 months.
    Sammisweets

Answer by Sammisweets at 12:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009