calming medicine?

does anyone elses child have to take medicine to calm them down at night? the doctors thinking about putting my daughter on it..since she wont go to bed for me till 4am cuz all she wants to do is play and doesnt want to calm down.... i really dont want her to go on anything but i have to do something cuz me only getting 4 hours a night aint cutting it...when she goes to bed a few hours later my other daughter wakes me up..any ideas?

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 5:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried putting her on a schedule. At a certain time like 6 pm. put up all her toys up. If you have to lock them up do it. Start telling her that it is bed time soon. Give her a bath. Then make her sit down and not play. Watch something calming tv or listening to some calming music . Do that every night. Keep saying. it is time for bed. Then put her to bed. This should work . If you keep doing it. She will start understanding that it is bed time.Taking the stimulation away should calm her down. Some nice erbal tea might help too

Answer by louise2 at 7:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Establish a bed-time routine and stick to it! Also DONT let her nap for more than an hour during the day. If she sleeps to much in the day she will stay up late at night.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My little cousin is on meds for that. Supposedly he has severe ADHD but the kid is as calm as any normal 8 year old . . .
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I occasionally give my daughter Rescue Remedy at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009