my son wants to eat 1 time an hour and its like 5 oz at a time what can i do so he will not eat so much he is only a month old

eatting to much at so young

Asked by babycarson at 8:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Kids' Health

• At that young age they do nurse or feed quite a bit. Be patient, mom, he has a lot of growing to do.

Answer by nell_brinkley at 8:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• That is nromal! Babies his age are constantly growing and you don't want him to not get all of the nutrients he needs! I think at 6 weeks they go through a huge growthspurt, so just be prepared. You don't want him to eat any less then he is now. He is doing what he is supposed to do!

Answer by renajennjenn at 8:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• that really isnt that bad at 1 month old i think they are usually eating 2-4oz every 2 hours .ask your pediatrician what they think! ask how his weight is doing if they dont have a problem do it.but you may want to try giving him more at one time and then making him wait longer between feeds to give yourself a break but it is normal for him to drink that much.

Answer by mommytolots at 9:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I think he is probally going through a huge growth spurt right now. If you are concerned I would call the doctor. Good luck and congrats on the new little one!

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My pediatrician told me to feed my son as much as HE wants... he's too young to overeat, so just keep feeding him. OR maybe he's ready to try a few bites of baby food??

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• babies are experts at listening to their bodies and letting you know what they need. Trust your child. :)

Answer by Trinjo at 12:36 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• feed him, he won't overeat. If there is somone else ther to help take turns feeding.. Don't offer cereal yet his belly isn't matured enough for that.. Be patient.GoodLuck!!

Answer by mamaof2748 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2008