Mice are worse than termites!!!! They poop everywhere!!!

Mice, they eat wood and cloth (meaning furniture). What's worse, they nest in my furniture, poop there (tons of poop), and sometimes die there too (I can smell it). Well, today I threw away my furniture due to mice. When I lifted the furniture, I saw mounts of mouse-made saw dust and mouse poop. They even went into my inline skates and tore out the padding (and pooped there too)!! When ever I vacuum, there is mouse poop behind everything. My vacuum sounds like it's picking up sand. It's disgusting!!!!

I have a dog, so I cannot have a cat or use poison. I put back what food my dog doesn't eat so that the mice won't peer into his bowl. I even found dead mice in his water bowl (three times).

How do I get rid of mice in my house???!!!! HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There must be a natural way to get rid of them.

Answer by louise2 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• go around your house and fix all the holes in the house. that is the best thing that you could do. after that you might want to invest in a rodent speciliast. there are some that use chemicals that will not hurt they kids or animals. you just have to call around.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 8:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Get the humane sticky traps so all you have to do is throw them out when you catch one. Consult with a rodent specialist to see what you can put around your home to keep the mice away. keeping your lawn well groomed espically up around the house also helps. If the dog dosnt bother with the mice id reconsider those blue pellets that kill mice.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• get a cat that will put your dog in its place and take care of the mice.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We live in the country, and when we first moved in there was always mouse poop on the kitchen counter. It made me feel soooo dirty. They are gross. If you go to lowes, or walmart might have them, but we got ours at lowes, they have these things you plug into the wall. They let out a high pitched noise that humans can't hear. IT WORKED GREAT!!!!!!! We haven't had a mouse since, and that was a year ago. They came in a pack of 2, one is in our kitchen the other in our basement. They also have some now that get rid of bugs too, im so getting some! I was so sick of putting out traps and having to see dead mice, yuck. I'm telling ya, they worked great, and can be used around dogs, we have 2 yorkies! Good luck!!
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 9:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• if you use mouse traps, put peanut butter on them, not cheese, that way they cant take the loot and run. after you clean up the poop, you should spray bleach water in those areas. it helps kill their scent, so it doesnt attract them to come back.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Are you joking? Call an exterminator. They know what to use that will be safe for your dog. You don't want to be dealing with mice in traps, gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009