Can anyone come up with a Modern Title for someone that works in the home?

I was told that it is okay to use "house wife" in my CV but feel that it is a bit dated. I feel strange using a word that doesn't fit our generation. Also, Stay at home mom sounds like a person that stays home and doesn't work. I am sure moms and dads that stay at home with their children will tell you that they work! It seems the students were not keen on using Stay at home mom and preferred housewife. I think the job title shouldn't convey wife, husband, mom or dad in it. I would love to hear some fun and creative ideas. Any suggestions? ;0)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Domestic Goddess, CEO of Household Engineering, I'm sure I could think of more, but I haven't had enough coffee yet. LOL
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• DH calls me Household 6...

Since I control the household and the number 6 is the number designated for the commander.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Domestic Engineer. or CEO of the Smith House
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• SuperMOM! beacuse we DO...do it all!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My dh had me down as CINCHOUS on his email at work lol!

It was "Navy speak" Commander in Chief - House ;-) He's also referred to me as "a full time volunteer" because I do a lot of community service and volunteer work.

But honestly, being called Stay at Home Mom doesn't really bother me. I figure, I know what I do, my family and friends know what I do, and anyone else, if curious, can ask me about it and I'll explain to them what I do.

Anyone who passes judgment on me because of the job title, as opposed to actual job description (so to speak), I don't worry about :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My bff refers to me as the HBIC (head b***h in charge). For those of you who find the "b-word" offensive, I'm sorry. We both have a small group of friends who can get away with calling us that, and it's used lovingly ;-)
    lilmama41078

Answer by lilmama41078 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My mom always called it "Domestic Engineering" she says that way there is something there and when they ask about it you can tell them what you did and it's a conversation starter.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• LMAO Domestic Engineering.

I'll make one up now...
    Caring Essential Operator of Home Resources and Time Management.

So you can say you're the CEO of HR and TM! Hahahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Family Management
    Self-employed
    Domestic Volunteer
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Just tell everyone you are the domestic diva of your household..
    catherine595

Answer by catherine595 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009