Homeopathic remedy?

Hi, my mom suffers from frequent bladder infections. I"m a nurse and we have tried everything known to modern science. Does any one know if there is a homeoopathic medicine for bladder infections?

Asked by kjrn79 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• Could she have Interstitial Cystisis instead? Because those come on like baldder infections and with those Cranberry juice is like battery acid for that

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Cranberry juice always works for me.

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• By homeopathic, do you mean one that contains so little of any active ingredient that it doesn't do anything?

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I know that high concentrations of cranberry and blueberry juices (or combinations of the two) are great at ceasing urinary tract infections, along with papaya--which is an effective diuretic, helping to "flush" out microorganism that cause the infections. Bearberry (which can be found in most organic food stores, is even more effective and is related to cranberry and blueberry. Also try adding yogurt to your diet!

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• yes, that's what I mean by homeopathic. Mom drinks one glass of cranberry juice/day, takes cranberry pills, she's diabetic and can't have too much of the fruit juice itself, drinks at least 8, and often 10 glasses/water per day. Her sugar is in great control. But she ends up with an infection about once/month.

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Get her to drink ALLOT more water than she is drinking now and lay off ALL soda's, tea's and energy beverages.

Answer by vbruno at 8:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I see your other comment about mine. Is she wiping herself in the correct direction when she uses the bathroom? If not that could very well be causing her infections

Answer by vbruno at 8:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Is she going to the bathroom often enough and not holding it to long.

Answer by QandA at 3:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Your mom needs to make an appointment with a homeopath.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Is she going to the bathroom often enough and not holding it to long. Yes, she goes about every hour-hour and a half during the day, and maybe 2-3 hours at night, until she gets the infection and then it's like every hour until the antibiotic kicks in.
    I'll talk to her about wiping, maybe that's it...I'd be surprised because she is the person who taught ME to wipe front to back.

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009