Waiting on doc to call me but what do u think?

Im 39wks 1d an this morining ive been having painful contractions these are the times i had them 835 841 845 848 856 904....! There lasting about 40 sec! Ive drank water ive walked around layed down an they still come! What do u ladies think i have a call into the doc an im waiting on him to call me back!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the rule of thumb usually is 1-5-1 time them for 1hr should be 5 minutes apart lasting 1 minute a piece to be active labor and consecutive in that hr every 5 minutes lasting 1 minute
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 9:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That 5min. apart is not always the case. With 2 out of 3 of my boys my contractions were never closer than 10or12min. apart and did not get close to 5min. apart until i was 8cm. dialated. If i would have waited until they were 5min. apart i would have had those 2 boys at home. They were consistant and did not go away. I was 38wks with both. By the time i got to the hospital i was already 6cm. dialated. I was in active labor even when contractions were 10min. apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well with 85% of women it is true lol so it is still a good measurement of time/labor
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 10:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well, i do 4-1-1, not 5 minutes... But depensing on if you want a natural birth, how near you are to the hospital, traffic conditions (ehh, Sunday), and if you plan for other interventions, I would wait longer.
    They aren't too long yet and still working out a pattern.
    Sometimes moms will start like that then stop altogether and start again in a week or two.

Keep taking care of yourself, just in case, though!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Hehe anon, another point for homebirthing, lol!
    We don't need to know what our cervix is doing, and we're meant to have out babies at home, that re-reminds me so. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• doulala, get a life. you are constantly preaching about home birth. home birth is not right with everybody and people do get sick of your constant "suggestions" about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think you might be in early labor. You really may not know much else until you actually go to the hospital.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 10:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Doulala does not always support home births. She has stated to me that it is all up to the individual and the circumstances. She has given me some sound advice and supports me if i want to go to the hospital to give birth. She even advised me if i really liked the OB i am with then i need to stay with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am "preaching" that we are made to birth that way. That is all. Hospitals and doctors are new and modern. Birth is OLD.
    It reminds us that we can do it.
    I have been to hospital births and home births, I see an enormous difference.

What is MOST important to me is not WHERE you birth, but HOW.

If a woman can remember that she CAN do this-- if she can stay confident and strong, knowing that birth is normal, she is empowered and may do anything (anywhere!).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• if you are able to be on the computer while you are waiting for a call back- you are prob NOT in real labor... when you can't speak (or type) from the contraction THEN i would start heading to the hosp (or birth place)

you'll do great! keep us posted :)
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009