Do you do it all?

I do. I work 35 hr weeks, clean the house, change out the cat litter, feed the dog, wash the clothing, cook dinner, wash the dishes, mow the lawn, take the trash to the curb, wash the kids, run all over town. My husband....? He works 40 hr weeks. Period. That is it. That is all. I never get a thank you...or the house looks nice...or the yard looks great. No, nothing. He can spend $125 on something for the fish tank...but if I go out and buy some books for the kids...It's a BIG deal. We got the wrong printer cartidge ( really HE did) and tells me today that I can go deal with it b/c he is having nothing to do with it. Of course! I do everything else. Why wouldn't I be the one taking care of this? If he comes home and I am still in my PJ's or the kids are in their PJ's bc we have just been nuts..then it's "being lazy". Any adivce..or do you deal with the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• no, i don't do it all. stop doing for your dh, and see how fast he becomes more involved with the day2day workings of your household.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ya one night when he is home.. get in your car and leave go see a movie go to dinner and leave him with the kids dont give him the option just leave, let him deal with it how it is to clean up after them cook dinner ect, and shut your cellphone off and just enjoy urself knowing hes seeing what its like
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Get "the flu" and state that you are highly contagious, you need to be all alone in the bedroom for the whoooole weekend forcing liquids. Ignore all sirens, alarms, whining and pleading, just shove a laundry basket in front of the door.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I do everything as far as the housework and at night when i go to bed he will get up with the baby & dog to let me sleep but also I dont work so that is kinda my job is to keep the house running and if i dont feel like doing it or just lay in pjs all day which i do 99% of the time unless i gotta go somewhere he doesnt say anything he always tells me I dont ask you to do anything around here but take care of the kids & dog he could care less if i sweep and mop daily, but bc i am a oragnize freak. If I was you I would just not do anything and see how he likes it and if he complains tell em that fine you want a house wife i will just quit my job and be a housewife.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Stop doing it! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i was in the same boat..doing it all including careing for his 2 kids picking up at the school droping off dealing with HIS x wife..i finally had enough ( wish i could just come home to a clean house and dinner, eat and then fall asleep must be nice ) so i went on strike i didnt have kids clean there mess and our son had matchbox cars all over the place...we didnt clean them up i didnt make dinner ( kids got fed but not dh ) needless to say he came home and was like what a mess ( seeing how much i normaly clean now ) i didnt do laundry..he ran out of socks and underware..i was on strike for 3 days ( let me tell u the house was a mess lol ) and dh got my point. that sat he helped me clean he did laundry and he was never so happy to get dinner again. now he helps out and he tells me when he gets home the house looks great and thank u for maken dinner..i even get massages now and then to show me hes thankul.it worked 4 me..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i will also say watching dh step on the toy cars was funny...they were everywear. now all i have to do is say im gonna go on strike and he runs to the sink to wash dishes..he will say " dont be talken all crazy now" lol...so when he statrs to do it again (me doing everything ) i just say strike and hes doing stuff to help out.i hope it works out for you, you guys are a team and he needs to step up and play as a team..its his job too not just yours...xoxo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i used to have this issue ,but he is my ex now. Now I still do allot , but I insist my sweetie help out.
    I work part time, take care of the four kids , grocery shopping, dishes, laundry, pet care, manage the bills. He takes out the garbage, dishes 1-2 times a week, cooks 1 a week, watches/ helps out with the kids when he can, plus he will grocery shop if I ask... he starts college soon & works full time
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• he does this bc u allow it and have for all this time. so don't yell about him doing it. u did it 2 yourself. fix it or not, it's up 2 u but don't complain about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• That is my dh with some exceptions.
    He does take care of the kids-he HAS to because I can't and won't do it all. I am a SHAM but the house we live in is owned by MY family. Our cars are owned by ME and MY family. I know I sound like a royal bitch but seriously. I have two kids w/disabilities and I do all the housework SO it is the only thing that ask of him and not very often. He works 40hrs a week,he spends poo-loads of money on fishing crap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009