Foods at a baby shower?

What kind of food did you have at your baby shower? Or what foods do you suggest at a baby shower. We're trying to give something good, simple, and at a wallet friendly price. Thanks ladies!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• veggie trays/dips, finger sandwiches, chips/salsa-queso, fruit tray/dips...doritos!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• all the above. chips dips meat platter, veggie platter, my dad made bbq chicken on the grill ( it was cheap ) there was also cake saying congradulations. water juice soda.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We had cold cuts, cheese and bread for making your own sandwiches, then also chicken salad and fruit salad. And of course, cake for dessert :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It's been many years but now I make it "fruit pizza'.I'm sure you have had it often.Sugar cookie crust baked, cream cheese with vanilla and sugar spread on crust and fresh fruit sliced thinly covering the crust. Always disappears, easy and pretty cheap.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Quiche can be simple and very affordable (depending on your choice of fillings). Chicken Salad and Egg salad finger sandwiches are also very affordable. If any of you have a bread machine you can make the bread and dye it pink or blue with food coloring in the water for the sandwiches. Fruit is always nice. An assortment of affordable salads like potato salad, pasta salad, ramen noodle salad is good. Or try a baked potato bar, potatoes are cheap, make some affordable toppings like chili, chicken divan, veggies with cheese.......Have fun!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I'm with the above poster! I was going to suggest quiche and chicken salad sandwiches. I had a wonderful chicken salad sandwich not too long and they added cooked white rice to the rest of the filling, it made the filling go a little further (it was for a big crowd) but it also was very good!

Something i like to do with quiche is make mini quiches, not really small like the Nancy's brand you see in the store, but muffin tin sized. They're perfect for serving at showers!

If you're interested in either of my personal recipes, let me know. I'll gladly share!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009