Toddler to stay in bed?

My son and I have recently moved back with family to get on our feet, and he was recently put in a twin bed. I can't get him to staythere, he always wants mommy's bed and he hasn't ever really slepted with me or when his father and I were together never slepted with us unless he was super sick. So I need ideas on how to get him ot stay in his bed, its getting frustrating!!

prdmommy1007

Asked by prdmommy1007 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's because of the change in environments. He is a little unsure right now. Just be consistent and keep placing him back in his own bed. You might just lay with him and pat his back or sing to him until he falls asleep.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• its different for him have you got something that he has always had try a night light or stars on the walls and roof or keep him with you until he is really tired but before he sleeps when he can barely stay awake he will look up at the stars and the night light will comfort him and if he is tired he will sleep.
    k.shorter.90

Answer by k.shorter.90 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• or let him go out and pick out some bedding something that will make his bed fun and interesting for him. sit in the room til he falls asleep, night lights, music.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I used the supernanny approach when I moved my daughter to a toddler bed. put to bed, tuck in, say goodnight. put back to bed, saygoodnight. put back to bed say nothing. repeat as necessary. If they get up int he middle of the night, put back to bed. Be consistant and keep at it. It's worked well for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Perhaps you could place his bed in your room, let him get used to sleeping in it with the comfort of having you near. Once he has adjusted, move his bed to his room.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 4:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009