Why try to prove Christianity wrong?

At least once a day but often times much more I see a question that is by a person who is not Christian trying to prove that Christians shouldn't be doing this or that.

Although I have seen a few, I far fewer questions saying muslims, pagans, atheist, jewish people are wrong.

By a quick simple count it is clear there is a larger number of Christians that post around here, yet there are more comment against Christianity. This can be easily explained, Christians are out to spread love and server Jesus. Those who don't want to hear it shake the dust and move on by spreading more about their religion. Their mission isn't to prove another person wrong but to spread the word of God. There are a few who do this in an attacking manner but not the majority

What is not easily explained is why ppl who are not Christian are so wrapped up in proving the wrong? If your truly don't believe wouldn't you just go about your business

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• HMMMM I am going to quote metal from another post

it seems like instead of answer the question which is why try to prove Christians wrong people are trying to debunk the idea LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I noticed that too. They're going to say in their little whiny voices "But, but Christians do it too."
    That's all they ever say when confronted. It's like a 5 year old. lol Which, yes, there are Christians that do, but if you are too busy looking at everything else everyone else does, you won't be able to acknowledge what you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I love these post. Poor christians are so picked on. Every religion is picked apart and put down.
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I always just assume that those who ask those questions are really truly unsure about their own faith, so rather than deal with those questions, they tear down the faith that makes them question it (I really hope that made sense to everyone else)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Christians do poke fun at others. There is no doubt in that. The number of Christians verses the number of remarks that attacking Christians is far disproportioned to the number of Christians and remarks said to other religions.

I really would like to know while people who are not Christian feel the need to attack and worry about the Christian religion and not worry about their own beliefs or lack of beliefs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• christians are so picked on...

yea and I don't get it. Why?

Every religion is picked apart and put down.

not at the same amount as Christians and if Christians dare try to return the medicine remarks of Christian like are immediately popping up by people who aren't even Christian
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The knife cuts both ways
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The knife cuts both ways

But one sides seems to be sharper and cuts deeper
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No, it's pretty equal, from what i've seen anyways
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't mind Christians spreading their Gospel, those who want to spread love and serve Jesus are more than welcome to do so. What I do mind is those who say they spread love and serve Jesus and in the same breath condem you for your different views or faith. When they judge because you don't live by the Bible like they do, and anyone who goe outside the Bible teachings is wrong and heading for hell.
    I have many wonderful Christian friends and although we don't see eye to eye on many things, and our views are different in many ways, we respect each others diversity without judging each other in the process.
    I myself have been the target of many hate mail by so called Christians, because of my views on homosexuality, I have been called many things by them one of which stands out as being a demonic influence. They have tried spreading their Gospel with hate in their hearts not love, they don't have to agree with my views cont.

Answer by older at 11:04 AM on Sep. 20, 2009