Is it ppd?

How did you feel? I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or not and if it's actually ppd. Some days though, I just feel like I wanna pack my stuff and go far away. It's so awful, and I hate myself for feeling like that, but I do. I'm just so lonely and unhappy lately. It started about a month ago, and I thought it was the birth control I was on, so I stopped taking it, but I'm still depressed. I love my daughter to death, and I know I do, I act like I do, I'm protective like I do, but for some reason I can't muster up the feeling of love like I had the first two months after she was born. I feel like a zombie some days, and I'm just so scared that if I go to the doctors they'll think I'm unfit and take her away from me. I could not stand losing her, she is my life. Anyone else feel this way?

Also, can I take anti-depressants while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds it to me hun. talk to ur doctor. they wont take her away from you they will help u. do u really want ur dd to see u this way. I had ppd with my 1st dd and didnt tell anyone. I suffered for Months and months. I only told my doctor when I was about to have my 2nd dd. also have you tried taking a break for some u time?
    even if its just going to the store alone or a nice warm bubble bath do it, it may clear your mind, and absence makes the heart grow fonder:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i agree with sabrena
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• They wont take your baby away for PPD, if they did DS would have been long gone. They want to help you when you need it, thats their job. I don't know about BF and anti-depressents, it wasn't an issue for me. Please, for your sake and the sake of your LO, get help. It is amazing how different you will feel once you do.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ppd is when you can be happy and turn sad in a snap or angry or go back to happy like nothing happened. feeling sad, even crying for no reason and then happy again. Loving your kid and not loving your, taking care of them or not. feel like hurting yourself or someone else but not actually doing and that can lead to pps. Call your ob and they will refer you to a therapist and psychiatrist to determine of you have it or not.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2009