why are alot of people so against breeding dogs??

so many people say there are millions of dogs that are in this world that need adopting well its the same with kids why do the people that are against breeding dogs have children why don't they just adopt kids there are millions of kids that don't have a family????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because a child won't be euthenized if they aren't adopted after a specific number of days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• too many dogs already. and people have too many kids, but you can put dogs to sleep; you can't put kids to sleep. I don't like dogs. I like kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Because I can go down to the local animal shelter to get a dog, I can't for a kid?
    Seriously, I think its because there are so many dogs who get put to sleep because of unwanted breeding. Its actually rather challenging to get a child from another country. There are also a LOT more dogs out there needing homes than children.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• First of all it's much easier to adopt a dog in need. It's not that easy to adopt a child and a lot of people don't want the hassle. Also, you cannot give birth to a dog off your own (obviously) so that's not an issue and a lot of people want children of their own genetic makeup. Children who need adopted don't live in cages and aren't on a time line that ends with death if they aren't adopted within a specified amount of times. No kill shelters for animals are few and far between, most are not no kill. :-(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well I will probaly be bashed for this but I say, get what YOU want. If you want to get a dog from a breeder, more power to you. As a gift I'm getting my husband a German Rotweiler and yes I will definitely be going to a breeder. What I want is very specific and I'm not going to deviate from it. In fact, I prefer the big time breeder where I live called Uncle Bobs. Thats where I'm getting my husbands dog at.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• So why aren't people up in arms about these poor innocent animals being killed like they are abortions?

Why is it so acceptable to end their lives? Why do we look at them with so much less value?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Anon 12:15....I totally agree with you. I am up in arm about animals being put to sleep and I do my part as much as I can. Sadly, I can't bring home every single animal from the shelter. I would if I could though, just ask my husband. We have 4 shelter rescued dogs (2 from a shelter that is not a no kill and 2 from an over crowded no kill shelter) and 2 shelter rescued guinea pigs. I hate that animal lives seem to not matter at all. It disgusts me. That's why I am against people not thinking it through when theey decide to get a new pet. The licensed (and reputable) breeders aren't the issue. It's the backyard/closet breeders that are. Reputable breeders pay attention to who buy their dogs and keep track of them and make sure they are cared for. The bad breeders will sell to just anyone and care only about making $. Breeders who sell to pet stores DRIVE ME CRAZY! Pet stores are BAD PLACES!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am not against breeders. I think that everyone who does breed dogs should be licensed breeders. I am against the closet/backyard breeders who buy a cute little puppy with papers and run out and breed it with another cute little puppy with papers and end up with 6-7 puppies that they now sell to people who want a dog today but after a few weeks when the puppy doesn't magically train or isn't happy with Junior picking it 5 billion times they take the puppy to a shelter. One more unwanted dog. And it's not just dogs....it's cats (though most of them just seem to be booted to the outside when they are no longer wanted), birds, rabbits (because everyone wants to get Junior a rabbit at Easter time), guinea pigs, hedgehogs, ferrets, Sugar Gliders, etc.. I am against people not thinking it through when they bring a new pet home. I have been a foster home for various types of animals over the years for many no longer wanted animals.
    Anonymous

• "Sadly, I can't bring home every single animal from the shelter. I would if I could though, just ask my husband."

LMAO - our problem is we're both bleeding hearts when it comes to animals...he'd do the same; I keep telling him when we buy I want enough land that I can build one or two small buildings to be able to properly take in rescues...it's a dream...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Anon 12:50....Anon 12:27 here....my husband is the voice of sanity in this house. LOL Otherwise...we'd have more dogs than people here and we have 4 people here. Now next year we will have more dogs than people but we'll only be outnumbers 2/2 and not 32/2....LOL I am a sucker for a canine face. Every time we see a dog in need of a home hubby sees "the look" in my eyes and pulls me away. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009