how to get a baby to burp

i have trouble getting my dd to burp sometimes, mostly at night. I pat her back firm but not hard and rub it, i also sit her and do it. when those dont work i sit her with her back up against my belly and rock her. i try for like 30 min! and i know there is a burp in there by the noise she makes. any suggestions? oh and she usually burps great during the day

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lay her down on her tummy on your legs, and pat her back while she is there, the pressure of her own body against your legs might do the trick.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I would pu my DS on my shoulder and rub his back in a circular motion....that usually worked for us.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We had to bounce out son on our knee... we sat him on our lap, supported his head and then bounced him... it's the only way it worked for him
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Sometimes I bounce my daughter on my knee while patting her. If it's happening at night, she might not need to. A lot of babies are relaxed enough they don't drink a lot of air at night. It's not going to hurt her to have a little burp in there if you can't get it out. Any more than 5 minutes and you're probably not gonna get it out. They usually come out on their own.
    roningirl

Answer by roningirl at 12:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009