Who threw those 9/12 rallies?

A Fox News Channel producer has been caught in a behind-the-scenes video rallying the crowd during last weekend's 9/12 protest in Washington.

Fox News producer Heidi Noonan.

"The employee is a young, relatively inexperienced associate producer who realizes she made a mistake and has been disciplined," Bryan Boughton, Fox News Channel Washington Bureau Chief told the Huffington Post.
The 9/12 movement has been championed by Glenn Beck, and is designed to "bring us all back to the place we were on September 12, 2001" when "we were united as Americans, standing together to protect the values and principles of the greatest nation ever created."

Fox News heavily promoted the protest event, and took out an ad in newspapers Friday asking how other news networks could "miss [the] story," only to have competitors hit back with proof that they covered the protest extensively.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Other networks did NOT cover it. I watched. What is your link for this pointless ?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Okay...so FOX managed to SINGLE HADEDLY get THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people out to DC. They manged to get THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people out to many other states to protest. They somehow manged with only this ONE girl and Glenn Beck (who all the other networks are calling CRAZY) to cause ALL this furor. WOW, ALL those Americans (myself included) must be total, mindless idiots. BUT surprisingly those who blindly support all the money being spent are..................what exactly anon? PLEASE PLEASE show me the links where they covered it EXTENSIVLY? What LITTLE coverage there was was derisive and demeaning to those daring to protest. Guess Libs and Dems are the only ones who can legitimately protest/..........by the by wasnt there supposed to be a PRO obamacare rally on the 13th.......wonder where THAT was???

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• freedomworks.org, 9.12dc.org, the 912project.com

All of these were instrumental of organizing the Tea Party Express that culminated in the D.C. rally. If the producer from Fox wanted to get the crowd going, I don't care. I was there. She was a small part of what was going on. I bet she isn't ashamed, embarrassed, or will try to deny it if you ask her. We aren't ashamed of speaking out.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The point she is trying to make is that it was Fox News who helped orchestrate these events. Fair and balanced my arse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No honey that's no THE point that YOUR point. THE point is that MANY MANY Americans are standing up to voice and opposing opinion are being demonized by the SAME people that have used protesting for DECADES to get their point across. THE point is that YOU and those like you are trying to trivialize an opinion of MOST Americans by making this about one news station. I would also like to point out that while you deride Fox News as NOT fair and balanced it seems to have a lions share of the viewing audience. That cant just be conservatives honey, the numbers dont match, so it looks like the middle and the NOT CRAZY left are getting some of their news from fox. Must not be that awful of a station........Funny thing tho...Obama made the Sunday news channel rounds this morning...no fox....think hes scared he might ACTUALLY get asked TOUGH questions that he CANT answer......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

Why would they cover an event for FOX news? It was like a party for the drones that listen to Glenn Beck, Whats the point in covering that?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No honey that's no THE point that YOUR point. THE point is that MANY MANY Americans are standing up to voice and opposing opinion are being demonized by the SAME people that have used protesting for DECADES to get their point across. THE point is that YOU and those like you are trying to trivialize an opinion of MOST one news station. I would also like to point out that while you deride Fox News as NOT fair and balanced it seems to have a lions share of the viewing audience. That cant just be conservatives honey, the numbers dont match, so it looks like the middle and the NOT CRAZY left are getting some of their news from fox. Must not be that awful of a station........Funny thing tho...Obama made the Sunday news channel rounds this morning...no fox....think hes scared he might ACTUALLY get asked TOUGH questions that he CANT answer......

It is THE point, since when is NEWS channel MAKING the news?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• He completely left out 3 million viewers. He only went to the stations that have vowed unwavering loyalty to him. The stations that officially stated that they are liberal. The one station that would give him the largest audience, he left out. I haven't watched much of the mainstream media since the Dan Rather scandal. It told me a lot about how those stations are run. I try to watch CNN, HLN, and (gulp) MSNBC some, but Fox is my station. If BO doesn't want to talk to me, I will get my news about him from the only station that even attempts to tell both sides of the story and invites both views to the table.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You just dont get it do you anon. You ACTUALLY think that ONE news station is responsabile for getting THAT MANY people OUT of their living rooms and into the streets. You ACTUALLY think that ONE news station that is is derided by the Hollywood set and MSNBC and anyone from the far left AND THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF has the power to DRAG people out of their homes in the early hours of a Saturday morning and get the to protest something they REALLY dont care about. The numbers ALONE made it news worthy. The fact that FOX was the only channel giving these people respect is NOT proof that is was a Fox event...only proof that Other networks have sold their souls to this administration for better or worse.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• http://www.resistnet.com

http://www.oregonpatriots.com

Resistnet, and the state group Oregon Patriots were the event planners for the large event I attended.  I didn't see Fox news anywhere and they certainly didn't contribute any funds.  I have put out a tidy little sum to help support these efforts as have many others just like me.

Don't get your panties all in a wad because the other networks didn't have the guts to cover these events.  Who cares if someone from Fox rallied the troops.  Do those individuals not also have the right to freedom of speech and freedom of their own opinion.  Perhaps it wasn't the best thing to do while on the job, but who really cares.  You people can keep turning a deaf ear, they don't call us the RIGHT wing for nothing.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009