does your child ever want just 1 thing, but lots of it, as a meal?

example breakfast today my son just wanted applesauce.... the whole six pack. his sister had 1 applesauce, dry cereal, and peanut butter english muffin and a handful of baby kiwi's.

I've had similar situations before, does anyone else? And do u let them? Or limit to 1 portion?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes-that is my kids. When they want something I do portion it out to them- and tell them if they finish what I give them they can have more.
    My middle one (age 11) is always angling for more, more, more! No matter how much you give he says "more!" before eating up what he has. (he too would want the whole 6pk at once- instead of asking one at a time for it).
    My youngest (he is 3) gets on food binges where he likes only certain foods. He wanted hot dogs the other day and demanded two. I said one, he fussed and said two. I told him to eat #1 up, and if he was still hungry he could have #2. He did eat most of the 1st one and then wanted some cottage cheese- and got a scoop of that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• well my dd isnt usually a fussy eater, she'll eat anything u put infront of her, but she does have her favs. If its nutrious and only happens occasionally why not. Their is worse things u could do then to let him eat applesauce:) If its an all the time thing then I would try to get him to eat something else.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my kids are very picky eaters. i let them eat whatever they want, and as much as they want, but my kids are teen.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Chicken nuggets...breakfast lunch and dinner. My step-daughter was hooked on those things unitl I let her have them 2 days in a row at everymeal & now she doesn't even want to look at them. Now she is on the mac & cheese kicker. & i'm not making that 3 times a day lol.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• whatever we have they have they can have as much of it as they want but if they want something i didnt make then no they dont get it
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• yep today it was bread. Go figure. So breakfast was toast with jam. Lunch was a whole grain buttered roll and dinner she had a peanutbutter sandwich. I did get her to eat some strawberries and a half of a banana. And some milk so I gave her a vitamin and called it a day.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my oldest however went three months eating nothing but tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yes breakfast, lunch and dinner. WEll at least my grochery bill was low. And today at 15 she rarely eays it. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My son is very picky. He will be 5 soon and all he wants is pizza lunchables or corndogs. He will wake up asking for either of these and I tell him they are not for breakfast. So after he has been up a few hours he will ask if it is lunch time. This son of mine will hold out all day!!!! until he gets what he wants. My other 3 are girls are a bit older and thank God I was blessed with their eating habits. They love fruit and veggies and hate microwave foods. I catch Hell from them if there isn't any veggies at dinner time,lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yep!
    If it's healthy I will let him do it. I find that it is usually around a growth spurt so maybe he just needs something in that particular food. For us though it's cheese and milk mostly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 21, 2009