my DD has the flu what will help?

i took my DD 13 to the hospital yesterday cause she was running 102.5 temp. well they told her she had the flu. her best friend showed up and was in the next room. they both have the flu. her friend has been sick since thursday, and my DD just started getting sick yesterday. they gave her meds. to help what would be good to give her to keep fluids in her? i have been giving he motrin to keep the fever down, but it only helps for like 2 hours then it's back up again. what can i do to keep her comfortable? help please?

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• Not 100% sure. I know when I had the flu my mom made me drink apple juice and other juices all day long. Good Luck hope she gets better.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Have you had her tested for H1N1? If not I would. Also if her fever stays up take her back to the ER they have been some really bad cases of flu this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Give her CLEAR fluids.. u can also give her some chicken broth.. water is always the best.. dry toast, lite crackers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• they tested her for the h1n1 and she don't have that it's just the flu A. she is so misarable(spelled wrong). i just wish i could take all her pain and put it on me so she will feel better.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Popsicles, jello
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• pedialite popsicles, brisk walk, cool bath
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:44 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• oh, I heard very small sips of gelatin water, cooled broth in cup. anything with calories. little sip here, little sip there if there is puking involved
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 10:47 PM on Sep. 21, 2009