What would you do?

Yesterday was my nephews birthday...it was going great it was at a place called pump it up with tons of jumpers, anyways..if you been there you know they move you from room to room...and the last room the move you to is the pizza and cake room...so they sit all the kids down...and start serving pizza...being a mom I went to check on MY KIDS and noticed my dd did not have pizza..I asked her if she wanted pizza and she said she wanted cheese (everyone else had pepporoni and my dd doesn't like it) so i grabbed a plate and asked my sister in law...do you have any cheese pizza and she responded " No there's no cheese pizza! I'm feeding the children first Abby. you have to wait!" In my head I said "Don't worry I won't eat a slice but in reality I just said it was for my daughter grabbed a slice took off the pepporoni and gave it to my princess.I was so pissed.I didn't appreciate her TONE/ATTITUDE and 2nd I'm a guest what if it cont

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, because she had no right to snap at you like that.
    Who doesn't get more than one kind of pizza for a party anyways...
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• was for me....what if i was so hungry I wanted to grab a pizza....anyways I didn't eat anything I was tooo mad...and tooo proud...she asked me at the end of the night what was wrong and I told her I was peachy.....anyways...do I have the right to be pissed ?
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 12:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• It's just pizza. She shouldn't have been rude to you, but listen to yourself. You're getting mad about pizza. Let it roll off your shoulders. There are more important things to worry yourself over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well, IMO you're both being immature about this. Its JUST pizza. However, you are her sister, not really a "guest". You can't get mad at her about snapping at you (i can see where she would have assumed you were asking for yourself) when you spent the entire night and even now pouting about it. I would just let it go and be an adult about it. Its just pizza. She was trying to oversee an entire b-day party and make sure all the kids were fed. You could have simply pulled the pepperoni off a piece to begin with and avoided the whole issue.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I agree with abbynzachsmommy. You're her sister so she probably feels like it's okay to be a little snappy with you - because, after all, you ARE her sister. Give her a break - she was dealing with a childs birthday party. You  said "It's for my daughter" so surely she KNEW you weren't eating it and it should have been over from that point.

Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think you both could have handled it differently. Your sil was busy trying to feed the kids and was probably stressed. She should not have snapped at you. You should have started off with something like 'Do you need any help serving the kids? Susie likes plain cheese pizza. Do you have any?' That way she would have known it was for DD and that you were trying to help serve.
    I think you both need to let it go and get over it--- parties can be stressful, especially for the host mom who is trying to keep an eye on kids, feed them and keep the party on schedule.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Family always gets snappy...they think they can speak that way to you. @@ If it was a friend, I bet she would bend over backwards to please her and definitely would not sanp. I am speaking from experience. I am the one who gets snapped at but I never snap back.
    @@ again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2009