how long did your baby teethe for?

like the crankiness not sleeping very well? My son gets cranky easily and doesn't sleep very well, I've already seen the doc there's no physical problems but he's been like this for at least a month is it normal to teethe that long? he's already cut 2 on the bottom (he's 5months 2wks old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well... my son got his first tooth at about 7 months and was teething probably a month before has been getting teeth ever since... he's 14 months now and just got 3 molars in and to more front teeth in the last couple of months... so not that it's started it's not going to stop for a long time!
    I suggest getting an amber teething necklace for your son... we have 3 and they work GREAT.
    Read about them online... they are really amazing.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Mine start at 4 months, and they continue for at least till 7-9 months. Crankiness will be there for a while, till all teeth are out. Just hang in there. A warm bath should relax time n some soft music. Orjal works like magic. Good luck n congratulations.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 3:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have no clue how long it took. The teeth came in before we knew they were on the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i swear my son "teethed" several times starting at about 4 mos, but didn't get his first tooth until 13 mos!! he's now 14 mos and has 2bottom and 4 tops coming in...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 4:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Mine started teething at 4 mos and didn't get her first tooth until 9 mos. We currently have 4 top, 2 bottom and 1 molar that I can see starting to show through the gum and another on its way (this one worst than the last). Give it some time. I have found that an ice cube wrapped in a wash cloth works well as well as rubbing a little cholroseptic on the gums which works better than orajel for us. Good luck this won't stop for a long time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009