My son has a HUGE bump on his head.

He is almost 4yrs old and was up stairs playing. I was down stairs talking to my husband on the computer (he's deployed). All of a sudden i heard screaming! i ran upstairs and he has a huge bump on his head. ...literally probably the size and shape of a large chicken egg. I picked him up and carried him downstairs. grabbed some ice and held it to his head. Let him calm down a little. looked at his eyes. even checked his eyes using a flashlight. it's been over twenty minutes now and he's back to normal. walking, talking, playing. seems perfectly fine ...it will be nap time in about 2 hours. ...should i let him take his nap or should i keep him up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dont let him nap for at least an hour and watch his eyes and behavior if he acts out if it then take him in...but he screamed after fallin chances are he will be ok. my oldest when he was 5 was running thru the house with socks on and whipped around the corner to the bathroom and slipped and ran into the bathroom wall hard enough he was bleeding and it swelled immediately so i took him in to the er to find out he was fine. just keep an eye on him give pain meds and maybe an ice pack or cool wash rag...and trust me this is just the beginning of bumped heads...its enough to give you gray hairs
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If his eyes are dilating correctly and he is acting ok, I would give him a bit of Tylenol and send him to nap. I would probably check him every half our or so and wake him up though.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i agree my daughter fell down the stairs hit her head in 3 spots and at the er once they checked her eyes they said she was fine to nurse and fall asleep just keep an eye on him
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ".and trust me this is just the beginning of bumped heads...its enough to give you gray hairs"

lol. oh i know. he had a bump on his head a couple weeks ago. in fact, this new bump is in almost the same spot. I didn't worry last time though because it wasn't nearly as big and it was no where near nap time.

thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2009