What creative ways have you told people (your DH, parents, friends) that you were pregnant?

StarrMom2Xander

Asked by StarrMom2Xander at 5:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• dh - i happened to be making yardsale signs, so i showed him all th signs and the last said "I'm +, we're pregnant daddy!"
    sarajo23

Answer by sarajo23 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I was still on my dad's insurance and he received a statement saying they approved neonatal care.
    abby_dylan

Answer by abby_dylan at 6:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When I found out I was pregnant with my DS, I spoiled my hubby when he got off work one night. Made his favorite dinner, rubbed his back and then made him a bubble bath. In the tub, I put a baby bottle with the positive test inside. He was surprised to say the least.
    crazymomma05

Answer by crazymomma05 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• With my son I waited until Friday when DH was off for the weekend and I sat on his lap and pulled one blue and one pink baby sock out of my pocket. He just looked at me like OMG! lol. And with my DD we were about to have sex (sorry tmi) and I told him we didn't need to use anything lol. He was like 'what?' I said I was pregnant and he was so shocked he had to ask me a few times! HAHA. And to tell my family I made a shirt for my son that said Big Brother 2007 and it has two faces on it - a kid face and a baby face :).
    Anonymous

• When I found out I was pregnant with my second, I told my mom I had a Christmas gift request: a double stroller. :-)
    noveltysteph

Answer by noveltysteph at 1:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first one, we waited 2 days to tell my husband's family, even though we were about to bust, because it was his twin nieces birthday party and the whole family would be together. In the girls' birthday card, we wrote,Love Uncle Dan, Aunt Beth and ...? When the first one opened up her card we told her to read it out loud and my SIL was the first one to realize what it meant. She said " Are you?!? I said, yes I'm pregnant and my mil was running her mouth and stopped in the middle of a sentence and everyone went crazy!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my mom already kinda knew. (i was always sick in the morning, but as soon as i ate something i would feel fine, plus shes my mom...they know these things) but i took the test, it was a digital one. and went over to her house and handed it to her. it was sooo funny. she wouldnt take it, she kept saying "if your handing it to me i already know what it says"

then we had to tell the bf's mom. i was freaking out(her bark is worse then her bite) i didnt know her to well, we wernt together too long before i got preggers. he handed her the test and i was in the other room. all i heard was "WHOS IS THIS, IT BETTER NOT BE HERS. DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO WRAP THAT DAMN THING UP" its funnier now, shes an awsome lady and loves her grandson to death. i was pretty terrified at the time though.
    bkristine_00

Answer by bkristine_00 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I work for a really cool company that specializes in scents! kind of like candles but much safer around children- its a home fan that you set on your desk, kitchen etc. Well, they make tons of scents so i ordered baby powder and put that cartridge in and when he came home, he's like "it smells like a baby in here". When he found me sitting in the living room i was reading a baby book and he got the hint. I later invited my mom over and many other friends for the same surprise! And the house sure smelled good. If you or someone you know thinks this is a great surprise, feel free to go to www.scentairhome.com (Mention K. Malone for a free baby gift!!!)
    angelbrd

Answer by angelbrd at 10:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2008

• We found out just before Thanksgiving that we were expecting our first. So, when we went to my MIL's for dinner, we waited till after grace was said, and everyone started dishing out their plates... and I said "please pass the buns.." (knowing there weren't any) and my Mil said, "oh I'm sorry dear, I didn't make any" I said, "That's okay, I have one in the oven!!!" TRUE STORY! We all had something new to be thankful for!
    bupkie

Answer by bupkie at 8:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2008