why is it so hard for me to stop smoking pot

i know its a nasty habbit i started at 14 i am now 23 and sience than its become habbit forming it makes me feel lazy gives me a headace i cant seem to stop. is it mental? do i concider my self an addict and seek help? does that sound outragous? im really tried of smoking

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• Marijuana is habit forming. Can you talk to your doctor? If you have medical insurance, you should be covered for treatment. You can't lose your job if you are in treatment for addiction and you should be able to get outpatient treatment. You can do it, you have taken the first step by asking this question.

Answer by nell_brinkley at 8:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There is NOTHING in pot that is addictive!! PERIOD!! It is ALL in your head! Grow some will power! Ask a REAL doctor! there is NOTHING to addict you physically ! It's ALL in your head!

Answer by vbruno at 9:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• maybe you have never had an addiction cause you dont know what your talkin bout lady

• Addiction can be psychological as well as physical.

Answer by nell_brinkley at 4:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It's mental. All mental. I smoked about as long as you have...from 13 until age 20. And I wasn't just an occasional smoker, it was basically an everyday (multiple times a day) thing. I only stopped when I had my son. I just gave it up and never looked back.

And to those who are saying things such as what nell_brinkley said and the anonymous comment:
    Yes ADDICTION can be physical or psychological. However it is PROVEN that marijuana has *NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION*. You don't get sweats and shakes, you don't get dizzy and sick. You merely crave it like crazy and think you need it, there is nothing physical about it.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:37 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I personally don't feel it is adictive but if you have a tendancy to addiction then mabey. Mabey you just like it to much, just cut back and then wean your self off. If that is somthing you want to do I personally don't see what the big deal is if you want to do it then do it if not then don't.

do you get withdrawls or just a want to do it? your addiction could just be mental unless it is physically affecting you.

I have been smoking for years and I quick for a little over a year due to preg and breastfeeding with both my boys. Now I still enjoy getting after a long day!

There is nothing wrong if you want to quit or not just keep it to a min and enjoy the good stuff so you don't waist your time!

• i smoke it at night to help me sleep. try waiting until bedtime. since it makes you lazy anyway.

Answer by SamsMom125 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• How do you smoke? Is it from a blunt? If it is, you are becoming addicted or are addicted to the tobacco in the blunt wraps. Try going to a piece.
    Also, it is in your head... I know what it's like. Just smoke your last stash and ask a friend to help you not buy anymore. Just learn about control. If you really wanted to stop, you'll stop or at least slow down.

Answer by viv212 at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2008

• There are a varietu of contributing factors. Pot is not pure anymore and it's proven that it's now laced with addictive properties. I would seek the help of your doctor.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2008