Sick 15 month old..Took her to the dr.. is her dr wrong about this

My 15month old daughter has been throwing up repeatedly and having diarrhea and coughing for over a week now...she went to the dr last week and he didnt give her medicine and just said to let it run its course ...do you think thats what i should do or do you think the drs wrong

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• there really isn't any medicine you can give her and now days they don't give out cough medicines readily to children. Have you taken her off of all food? You need to give her only water and pedialyte for at least 24 hrs. If she throws up after that you need to start over. If she gets lethargic or her eyes have a sunken look take her in as soon as you notice. She is getting dehydrated. If it goes on after 2 24 hr periods (if needed)with only liquids I'd call them back and tell them exactly what you have done and what she has been drinking. I know it's not fun, but thats the way to get a handle on it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009