What is the difference between licenced and listed in daycare?

And what are the qualifications for each? I live in Texas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/About_Child_Care_Licensing/what_we_do.asp

At this site they tell the differences between listed, registered and licensed. It seems licensed centers/homes need to meet higher standards and are visited by licensing personnel regularly.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am not sure about Texas, each state varies. You can go to your states webpage and look up the process to see what is required. Where i live I can be listed but only watch 3 children, no background check no classes nothing to give you a sense of piece that i have been checked out by anyone but you, If I want to watch more than 3 children i can take classes on childcare safety and laws, reoprting and recognizing child abuse, get a food handlers card, a background check, and becoe CPR/First Aid certified. After all that you have to pass a home inspection by the state and believe me there are alot of things you have to do to be ready for them, once you pass that you are licensed for 2 years then you have to attend yearly classes on various subjects and also a home inspection every 2 years.

this link should help you http://www.daycare.com/texas/
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• that should have been peace not piece, sorry i was typing fast and talking to DH :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2009