Chronic lower back/pelvic pain cant even walk properly ...30 weeks preg.....help!

I dont know what to do. This is my 3rd baby, and ive never had this happen before, i have a 1 yo i have to chase after ...the doc. said there is not much i can do but bed rest? i have noone to help me with the kids exept for my husband that works 50-60 hrs a week.....is there any good tricks to help with this pain?

guitarmom101

Asked by guitarmom101 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• something i found that helps with my pelvic pain is one of those yoga balls, or whatever you want to call them, just sitting on that and rolling around your hips. my 1 yr old always likes sitting with me while i'm doing it so i kinda make a game out of it. but i'm in the same boat, my pelvic pain started at about 28 weeks when my baby dropped it got not so bad for awhile, but now as i'm approching delivery time it's getting more painful again, but just also remember that it's just your baby going down and it's a good thing.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 7:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Sounds like sciatic nerve pain..  All I knew to do was to try and stay off my feet as much as possible.  You might try and see if you can find any good pregnancy related exercises or stretches to help with it.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 3:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I am on my 3rd as well and have had a lot of pain in my hips, lower back, and lower abdominal area...sometimes to the point of not being able to walk. My dr said its normal, and just to try to stay off my feet as much as possible. I have also found soaking in a warm bath at night and keeping a heating pad (on a low setting) on my hips on and off through out the night works wonders.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009