How soon does morning sickness kick in?

I am not TTC quite yet.. hoping to wait a few months, am on the mini pill and weaning my 1yr old (down to one feeding a day.. sometimes none at all) I've been worried that the mini-pill wouldn't be effective now that we're weaning.
My periods have been irregular for awhile now.. I've been having spotting pretty regularly for the last couple weeks, especially after having sex. Today out of nowhere I get extremely nauseas and vomit.
I was wondering how long after conception does morning sickness start? My boyfriend and I had been separated for 6 months while he was stationed in a different state, we've been living together for 2 weeks now. Should I take a test or wait it out?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 2:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it depends. Some women don't get it at all.....it can happen from day one ( uncommon) or start around 2-4 months (more common) some women only get in the morning, some only in the afternoon, while some only get it at night, some have it ALL DAY AND NIGHT 24/7. I didn't have it at all with my first, 24/7 with my youngest I was about 2.5 months along when I stared getting it mildly by 3 months full blown. Each person is different, each pregnancy is different

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• for me i did not have it at all with my first 3 boys, but this pregnancy it started around 5weeks into my pregnancy. I am now 9weeks and it is getting worse!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I had all day sickness from about 8-12 weeks then it stopped. I was so happy it didn't last long.
    iluvguyzniliner

Answer by iluvguyzniliner at 9:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• ok so likely I just ate something bad then :) Thanks ladies!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009