Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i need for Wic about switching milk? TMI also

I am already receiving wic. My question is just recently WE ( My so and I) have discovered our DS is Lactosentorate. I want to know what I need to get Lactaid milk instead of regular milk?

Ds is 2.5 years old. Ever since we switched to milk he has had constipation. In the beginning he would be constipated and go after awhile of trying. Then I switched to 2% from the whole and just the past two months it has been watery or none. I have tried different laxatives and suppositories and other home remedies. I went to the doctor and got Miralax, without knowing how much exactly to give to him. I gave him a little and he would have a little and it was a little thicker but not solid. I only gave it to him for 3 days. Today I decided to not give him any and he actually went and it was solid. I wanted to add when I started the Miralax I also gave him the Lactaid milk.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • OP here- it's gross but when I change his diaper sometimes he tries to go again and i see it. It is solid but when he pushes, it comes out watery. What can I do to help him?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • If I'm understanding your question, you'll need to have your child's doctor write a note or prescription to give to WIC. Then they will give you special vouchers or whatever it is in your state to get the appropriate food.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • Just call WIC and explain it to them. They will tell you what you need to do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

  • He doesn't need cow milk (unless he is a baby cow); he only needs water.

    Answer by rkoloms at 1:04 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.